Bagel with carrot-salmon
- 300 g flour
- 200 g wholemeal flour
- 10 g salt
- 10 g maple syrup
- 320 ml lukewarm water
- 1 sachet dry yeast
- 300 g carrots
- 1 sheet nori algae crush
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vinegar (e.g. walnut vinegar)
- 2 tsp liquid smoke (alternatively smoke salt, liquid works better)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Lots of salt
- Knead all the ingredients into a smooth dough. Leave to rise for 30 minutes. 2.
- Then boil 1 litre with 30 g maple syrup. 3.
- Form the dough into 10 balls and then into rings. 4.
- Boil the rings briefly in the maple water and then place them, dripping wet, on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Put the carrots in a baking dish with quite a lot of salt.
- Bake at 200 degrees.
- remove the salt and peel the carrots into strips with a peeler. Mix the remaining ingredients to make a sauce. Put the carrot strips together with the sauce into a screw-top jar and leave to marinate for 2-3 days.
- season the almond yoghurt alternative with chives and a little almond paste.
- cut the bagels open, spread with the spread, put lettuce leaves and the carrot-salmon and dill on top.
Recipe and photos by you_did_pumpkinlove by Judith Bernert