Creamy chestnut soup with herbs and pomegranate seeds
Preparation time: 45 min. working time
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400 g chestnuts, pre-cooked
- 200 g potatoes, finely diced
- 50 ml white wine
- 1 lt. vegetable soup
- 100 ml MyLove-MyLife almond drink
- ½ tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ tsp thyme, rubbed
- ½ tsp marjoram, rubbed
- 1 orange, juice and peel of it
- 3 tablespoons MyLove-MyLife cooking cream
- 1 tablespoon MyLove-MyLife almond drink
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- Fresh herbs to taste
- finely dice the onion and garlic. In a large saucepan, sauté with butter and oil until translucent.
- Add chestnuts and potatoes and fry lightly. Deglaze with white wine and pour in vegetable soup.
- Let simmer for half an hour at medium heat, then puree finely with a hand blender.
- Stir in almond drink and refine with herbs, orange juice and finely grated peel. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix the cooking cream with the almond drink and ginger. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange soup, decorate with white cooking cream and top with pomegranate seeds and fresh herbs.